Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1975 times
it should be served immediately or it will become soggy.
- Boil a glass of water with a small square of jaggery (sugar can be substituted instead of jaggery, but it will not give the same taste).
- Add 2 tsp of roasted cumin powder and thick juice of one lemon size ball of tamarind.
- Boil, cool and keep aside.
- De-seed the dates and keep aside.
- Blend into a smooth paste the dates, juice of the other lemon size tamarind ball, a little jaggery, 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, the coriander powder and salt to taste.
- Season oil with mustard seeds. also add green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, red chili powder and the desiccated coconut.
- Fry for a while and then blend it into a smooth paste, adding salt to taste.
- For each serving of the chaat, powder some vadas and add one portion of the boiled peas to it.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of the soup, 2-3 tsp of the hot chutney and 4-5 tsp of the sweet chutney.
- Mix well sprinkle some red chili powder and chat masala on top.
- Garnish with grated carrot and minced onion.
This recipe was contributed by kneelima on 28 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.