Masala Bhat By Tiwari_anuja
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7315 times
An unique main course recipe, masala bhat(rice) is basically rice cooked with masaledaar spices,onion and tomato puree. The whole spices like cinnamon and cloves add aroma to the chawal dish and adds color on your dinner table.
- Soak rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash brinjals and slit 4 brinjals crosswise leaving the stem intact.
- Remove the stems and cut the remaining into cubes and soak them in salted water.
- Wash and cut the tendlis into 4 lengthwise.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, whole red chillies, dry coconut till a nice aroma comes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste, using little water. Keep aside.
- Roast cashewnuts and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the bay leaves, cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms and sauté for a minute.
- Add the masala paste and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the tendlis and brinjals, mix well and add the salt, turmeric powder and mix well and cook for five to eight minutes.
- Add the rice and 3 cups of water and mix well.
- Add roasted cashewnuts, half the coriander, mix well and cook for five to seven minutes. The rice is cooked.
- Garnish with coconut and remaining coriander.
- Add the lemon juice and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.