Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5158 times
Masala bhaath is a traditional bhaath or rice recipe which is quite common in maharashtrian households. The rice is cooked with spice powders, roasted onion, tomatoes and red chilli powder and relished hot with chopped coriander as garnish.
- Combine the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves (laung / lavang), garlic, ginger, peppercorns, green cardamoms, cinnamon and turmeric powder and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the ground paste and saute till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the rice and 4 cups water and salt, mix well and add the tomatoes.
- Cover and cook till the rice is soft and cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rmonty on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.