Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8048 times
The spicy and tempting masala bhat is basically a rice recipe with an array of spice powders and masalas added to the rice while cooking. Enjoy masala bhat as main course meal with chopped coriander leaves as garnish and raita as accompaniment.
Add your private note
Masala Bhaat recipe - How to make Masala Bhaat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- How to proceed
- 1. clean, wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes. drain and keep aside.
- 2. heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the asafoetida, ginger, turmeric powder and cumin seeds.
- 3. when the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- 4. add the brinjals, tendli and the soaked rice.
- 5. add the ground powder, salt with 2½ cups of hot water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- 6. when the rice is done add the topping mixture and toss well.
- 7. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 09 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.