Masala Bhaat - Sk
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5732 times
An unique main course recipe, Masala bhat(rice) is basically rice cooked with masaledaar spices, onion and tomato puree. The whole spices like cinnamon and cloves add aroma to the chawal dish and adds color on your dinner table.
- Soak rice in three cups of water for half an hour.
- Wash brinjals and slit four brinjals crosswise leaving the stem intact. remove stem and cut the remaining into cubes. soak them in salted water.
- Wash and cut tendlis into four lengthwise. clean, wash and chop fresh coriander leaves. remove stems of whole red chillies.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, whole red chillies, dry coconut till a nice aroma is given out. cool and grind into a paste with a little water.
- Roast cashewnuts and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. add bay leaves, cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms and sauté for a minute. add masala paste and sauté. add tendlis and brinjals and mix. add salt, turmeric powder and stir. cook for five to eight minutes.
- Drain water from soaked rice and add to the pan. add three cups of water and mix. add roasted cashewnuts, half the coriander leaves and adjust salt. cook for five to seven minutes. cover with lid and cook on medium heat till done.
- Garnish with scraped coconut and remaining coriander leaves. if you wish you can also sprinkle some lemon juice and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.