Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8947 times
A spicy masaledar recipe. .
- Put the onions in a deep pan, add 2 cardamom, 2 bayleaf and add enough water and bring to boil till the onions become transparent.
- Sieve the excess water keep aside to cool.
- Blend the onions along with grated coconut in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onion-coconut paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till oil separtes.
- Add the tomatoes and groundnut powder, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander seeds powder and mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- When the gravy comes to a boil, add the tamrind pulp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled arvis and coriander and cook till the gravy is thick.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anuvinu on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.