Masala Aloo Palak
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46734 times
You may use boiled peas, boiled corn kernels or paneer chunks in the above dish, instead of potatoes.
- Put the spinach in a deep pan, add very little water and a pinch of salt, cover and boil over a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Cool quickly by holding under running water in a colander.
- Blend in a mixer along with green chilli to a coarse puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep fry the potatoes till light brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same kadhai, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and onions and saute till the onions turn soft.
- Add the tomato and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add all the dry masalas and saute till ghee leaves the sides.
- Add spinach and potatoes, mix well and bring to boil.
- Sprinkle the flour and mix well and boil for 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Just before serving, heat butter in a small pan and add the asafoetida.
- Pour over the vegetable and mix gently.
- Serve hot with naan or parathas or even rice.
This recipe was contributed by jaya_mukherjee on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.