Masala Aloo Bhindi
by anjali jotwani
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49887 times
Masala aloo bhindi, an authentic bhendi or ladyfinger recipe with seasonings and vegetables. Serve this delicious preparation with rotis or with pulaos.
- Combine the onion, tomatoe, green chillies, ginger, garlic and coriander and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the paste in a deep bowl and add the chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and coriander seeds powder and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Wash the ladies finger, dry it on a tissue paper, cut the head and the pionted end.
- Make a horizotal slit in the middle of the ladies finger for the stuffing.
- Stuff the ladies finger with the prepared stuffing and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoe and salt, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes
- Add the ladies finger and potatoes, cover and cook on a slow flame for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle little water if the mixture is getting too dry. When the potatoes is completely cooked, remove from the flame.
- Serve hot and garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by anjali jotwani on 03 Oct 2011hello, I like to cook and try new recipes .I do not follow the recipe book word to word so I do even...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.