by Kavitha Iyengar
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3071 times
A vada made with a channa dal batter. You can also make these in appam pan to avoid deep frying.
- Combine the dal and red chillies and blend in a mixer along with garlic, fennel seeds and salt to a coarse paste.
- Add the onions and coriander and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and take a small portion of the mix and flatten to form a vada.
- Slip the vada in oil carefully and deep fry till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Kavitha Iyengar on 14 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.