This recipe has been viewed 4527 times
Wet the bottom of the pressing part of the muruku maker each time so that there is a smooth flow of the paste into the oil.
- The flour can be madein the girni and suave so that when mixed no lumps are formed
- Mix the flour, til and salt with water so that the batter is in the consistency of passing through the murukkumaker
- Add 3 tablespoons of boiling oil to this mixture so that the murukkus have the crispness.
- Pour oil in the kadai and bring to boil in keeping the flame at medium.
- Now take the murukkumaker with a soft 3 or 5 hole blade and place the mixture and press into the oil circling the murukumaker a little so that a muruku of 5" diameter is formed
- Fry the murukkus till done(you will know that the formation of bubbles lessens when the muruku is done)
- Drain on to the blotting paper
- Preserve in a airtight container
- They will be fresh upto 1 week to 10 days
This recipe was contributed by uma radha on 13 Jul 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.