by Foodie #48100
This recipe has been viewed 4469 times
Recipe mango fruit tart is an appealing dessert recipe with buttery short crust breads or tarts filled with fresh mango puree or pulp.The addition of fresh mango to tart imparts a delectable taste and also improves the health quotient.
Add your private note
Mango Tarts recipe - How to make Mango Tarts
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Sieve the flour with the salt.
- Rub in the butter and make a dough by adding ice-cold water (about 1 tablespoon).
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. (1/8") thickness.
- Cut with a fluted cutter of desired size.
- Press into tart cases and prick with a fork.
- Bake blind in a hot oven at 230 degree c (450 degree f) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the tart cases.
- Mix the lemon juice, cornflour, granulated sugar and add 3/4 teacup of water.
- Cook on a slow flame until the mixture becomes thick. cool.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar and add to the mixture.
- Add the lemon rind and yellow colouring. chill thoroughly.
- Fill each tart with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam. put a large blob of lemon filling on top.
- Cover with mango slices of the approriate length.
- Warm the remaining jam and brush on top of the mango slices. store in the refrigerator. serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.