Mango Sweet and Spicy Dip
by Jaya Chari
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2666 times
This is a twist on a traditional chutney made on the occasion of Tamil New Years day. Its a wonderful combination of sweet, sour, bitter and spicy tastes.
Add your private note
Mango Sweet and Spicy Dip recipe - How to make Mango Sweet and Spicy Dip
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 to 3 serving
- Remove the mango skin and chop mango into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the mango pieces, red chillies, green chili for 15 minutes
- Add 1 cup water, jaggery and salt. Cook until mangoes turn soft. It takes about 10-15 minutes
- Take rice water and add little cold water to make it a thick paste
- Add it to the above mango mixture and cook until it thickens
- Roast enema flowers on the side.
- Grind the mango mixture coarsely after it has cooled down.
- Optionally, roast enema flowers in little oil and garnish the dip with it.
- Serve it with chips, crackers or mini toasts.
This recipe was contributed by Jaya Chari on 20 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.