Mango Rice By ushaparasuram
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1805 times
Tip: for those who want to avoid coconut adjust the quantity of dals accordingly.
Add your private note
Mango Rice By ushaparasuram recipe - How to make Mango Rice By ushaparasuram
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Peel the raw mangoes and cut them into ½” pieces.
- Dry roast the grated coconut, bengal gram dal, udad dal, sesame seeds, fenugreek seeds and red chillies till light brown and powder it.
- Take oil in a pan and fry the groundnuts and cashew nuts till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat the same oil and add mustard seeds, when it crackles add asafoetida powder and fry for a minute, add the curry leaves,
- Add the cut mango pieces and sauté for a minute, then add the powdered masala, add salt and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well to coat evenly with the masala.
- Decorate with the fried cashew and groundnuts and serve hot with any raita of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by ushaparasuram on 26 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.