Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8007 times
This rasam can be taken as soup. Serve it with desi ghee and rice its feast for food loving people.
- Boil the raw mango in enough water for 10 mintues or till soft.
- Peel and squeeze the pulp into a bowl of water then boil for more 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal ,red chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and saute till the dal turns golden brown.
- Add the mango pulp along with the water and bring to boil.
- Add the sambhar masala, mix well and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and grated ginger.
This recipe was contributed by menakacasp on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.