Mango Pickle By kvs_sailaja
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2299 times
Always ensure that ur hands, vessels, knife, bottle, etc. and even the ingredients are dry. do not handle any fluids while preparing achaar. if stored in a dry place, it will keep for more than a year
- Clean and wipe dry the mangoes
- Cut them into halves along with the seed
- Remove the pulp inside the seed
- Cube the mangoes ensuring that the hard shell is there in each piece inside. (this is essential because this keeps the achaar in good shape and for long)
- Mix the red chilli powder, mustard powder, salt and methi seeds in a bowl.
- Roll and mix the mango cubes in this powder in the same bowl.
- Add saseme oil to this mixture and mix well.
- The pickle is ready to eat immediately. but will taste good after 2-3 days when the methi seeds soak well in the mango juice ooozed later.
This recipe was contributed by kvs_sailaja on 10 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.