Mango Pickle ( South Indian Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 193875 times
The raw mango is so closely associated with the indian cuisine,that almost every community has an array of recipes-especially pickles-that employ this seasonal treasure. Here is a typical south indian recipe.
- Wash the mango pieces thoroughly, drain and spread them on a towel to dry (preferably can dry them under the sun).
- Combine the salt, chilli powder and mustard seeds together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan till its smoking point and keep aside. When cool completely add the salt, chilli powder and mustard seeds mixture and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add the mango pieces, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Store in an airtight jar. Mix the pickle every alternate days, pickle will be ready to eat within a week’s time.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.