Mango Lassi By Meera60
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2747 times
Mango lassi is a nice variation to the popular and traditional yogurt-based drink (sweet or salted) which originated in the punjab region of the indian subcontinent. It is made by blending yoghurt with fresh mango pulp and sugar to prepare a sweet creamy lip smacking mango lassi.
- Combine the mango, coconut, jaggery and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the curds with water and whisk well to make buttermilk.
- Add the mango mixture along with salt and blend using a hand blender till smooth.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering to the mango mixture and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by meera60 on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.