Mango Ice- Cream ( Fun Food For Children)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 389 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22644 times
Kids love ice-cream so much that it is an extremely popular bribe that parents use to get things done faster! when the ice-cream is homemade and brimming with the goodness of fruits, it becomes a happier moment to see your kids slurp it up. So, here is how you can make vitamin-rich mango ice-cream easily at home using readily available ingredients.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. When it comes to a boil, add the dissolved cornflour, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and strain the mixture. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream wiht remaining powdered sugar till soft peaks form.
- Mix the cooled milk mixture with the cream and mango puree.
- Pour into a shallow freezeproof dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again until firm.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||621.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.