Mango Gatta Curry
This recipe has been viewed 3631 times
This is a new version of traditional Gatta Curry...
Add your private note
Mango Gatta Curry recipe - How to make Mango Gatta Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Mix all the ingredients and make 5 equal portions out of the dough. Make cylindrical shape.
- Steam for 10 minutes in a steamer.
- Take out and allow all gattas to cool. Cut all gattas and keep aside.
- Combine the mango pulp, curd, besan, curry masala, garam masala, salt, turmeric and sugar, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai, add the mango-curd mixture and stir continuously.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to adjust the consistency.
- Allow the mixture to simmer till thick consistency comes.
- Heat the ghee. in a pan, add the red chilli, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves and add to curry.
- Mix well and add gattas to the curry and mix well.
- Garnish with fried cashew-nuts and coriander and serve with roti or rice.
This recipe was contributed by rjpatel on 25 May 2013I am Rupal Patel living in Ahmedabad with my family. I like to travel, reading, music, films, cookin...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.