Mango Fruit Gojju
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4422 times
A spicy and mouthwatering curry recipe, Mango fruit gojju has chopped ripe mangoes cooked with a ground paste comprising of hing, coconut, rice flour and mustard seeds. A lovely side dish to rice or chapattis , mango gojju is a traditional South Indian fare.
- Cut mangoes into irregular shaped pieces.
- Also preserve the seeds. grind together coconut, green chillies, turmeric powder, hing, rice flour and mustard seeds.
- Heat 11/2 tablespoons of oil in a kadai.
- Season with very little mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped mangoes alongwith the seeds to this and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt and grated jaggery to this and fry for a minute.
- Add sufficient amount of water till the mangoes are immersed well.
- Cover and allow to cook in a medium flame.
- When the mangoes are almost cooked, add the ground mixture and boil till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Allow the gravy to settle and absorb well for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or chappathis alongwith the seeds.
This recipe was contributed by vasumurthy on 09 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.