Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4353 times
A khatti- spicy dal. . Flavoured with raw mangoes and spices.
- Combine the dal and mangoes in a deep pan and mix well. Cook on a slow flame for 1 minutes.
- Add the salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook on a medium flame, till the mangoes becomes soft and tender.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves, red chillies and mix well.
- Add the tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#398393 on 05 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.