Mango Chocolate Cake ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43776 times
Mango and chocolate – indeed a rare combination of the first-rate!
- Combine the ¼ of whipped cream with mango purée and whisk well. Keep this mango cream aside.
- Slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal parts , page 25.
- Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the sugar syrup.
- Spread the mango cream on the soaked layer of the cake in an even layer and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Spread ½ cup of whipped cream on top and sandwich with the second layer of the sponge cake.
- Soak the second layer of the cake with the remaining sugar syrup and spread the remaining whipped cream evenly on top and at the sides.
- Transfer onto a cake boards and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Place the cake on a turntable and run a pastry comb along the sides.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a no 5 star nozzle with the whipped cream.
- Make a shell border on top of the cake. To do this: and squeeze it to allow the cream to fan out generously– do not lift the bag. Gradually relax your pressure as you lower the tip until it touches the surface. Stop pressure and pull the tip away, without lifting it off the surface, to draw the shel
- Start the end of your next shell so that the fanned end covers the tail of the preceding shell to form and even chain.
- Using the same piping bag make a spring border along the base of the cake. To do this hold the piping bag at 45 degrees and squeeze it gently to allow the cream to come out evenly. Move your hand in a circular motion to get a spiral design till you again reach the point that you started. Keep the pi
- Place the 100 mm. (4 “) bowl in the centre of the cake. Fill a disposable piping bag with chocolate vermicelli. Snip the tip to make a hole so the vermicelli can be poured out. Put the chocolate vermicelli along the sides of the bowl. Remove the bowl carefully so you get a clean round white circle i
- Using the same piping bag make 6 swirls along the top of the cake. To do this: hold the piping bag in your hand and move your wrist anti-clockwise while applying gentle pressure to make a swirl. Finish the circle and gently lift it in a single motion to form a peak.
- Repeat to make 5 more swirls.
- Garnish with ½ tbsp of finely chopped mangoes on top of each swirl.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.