Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8157 times
This is the best way to kill the heat on a hot summer day, mango chiller is a cool refreshing drink which is loved by all especially children! so go on refresh your senses.
- Peal and boil the raw mangoes in a deep pan in enough water, mix well and boil till the mangoes are completely cooked. Remove from the flame, remove the pulp and blend in a mixer into to a smooth thick paste without using water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan add the sugar, 500 ml water and ginger, mix well and cook till the sugar is completely melted.
- Filter the sugar mixture and transfer it to another pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared raw mango paste, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, pudina powder, 1/2 dry mango powder, cumin seeds powder and rock salt and mix well and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the saffron and cinnamon powder and mix well and simmer further for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, allow to cool.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp of the prepared mixture in a long glass.
- Add 5-6 ice cubes and filled with chilled water.
- Sprinkle the remaining chaat masala and dry mango powder.
- Served chilled garnished with mint leaves.
This recipe was contributed by foodqueen1994 on 03 Oct 2011well m 16 staying in mumbai india.other girls my age hate cooking but i simply love it!going into th...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.