Mango Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56506 times
Here is another yummy cheesecake with a soft vanilla sponge base. The tangy flavour of mango goes well with the mild vanilla-flavoured base. This recipe can be made throughout the year as it uses readymade mango pulp instead of fresh fruit. However, when the season is in full bloom, you can use fresh alphonso mangoes for garnishing—this will surely make the recipe all the more special! however, avoid other fruits or canned mangoes as these will not taste good.
- Spread and press the sponge cake into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Soak the sponge cake layer with the soaking syrup. Keep aside.
- Combine the basic cheesecake mixture and mango pulp in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture over the sponge cake base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or till the cheesecake sets.
- Demould the cheesecake and place the mango slices all over the cheesecake overlapping each other.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- To make 2 tbsp of sugar syrup, combine 2 tbsp of sugar with ½ tbsp of water in a small saucepan and allow to simmer on a slow flame till the sugar thickens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cheesecake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.