Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12506 times
Learn the trick to prepare the flaky but not too hard mango balushahi with this easy balushahi recipe. The fresh mango pulp is mixed into the flour along with ghee, mil and sugar. Enjoy the Indian dessert specialty mango balushahi during festivals.
- Sieve the flour,add1/2cup gheeto it and mix.
- Add the mango pulp and soda -bi-carb and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Mould the dough into little balls and flatten.fry in ghee till light brown on low flame.keep aside to cool.
- Mix the water and sugar.
- Melt the sugar and boil over low heat till the mixture starts boiling.
- To test if the syrup is ready drop a little bit in a plate,if it hardens quickly,the syrup is ready for the balushaihs.
- Dip the balushahias in sugar syrup for 4-5min and leave aside to dry in a greased plate.
- The balushahis are ready when the syrup has dried.
This recipe was contributed by kanchan36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.