Manchow Soup ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58882 times
Manchow soup, an all-time favourite, this soup is an ideal starter for any meal. The sharp flavours of ginger and garlic merge beautifully with the fresh flavour of herbs like coriander and mint in this soya sauce based soup. Even the “one by two” option is enough, as this soup is so filling!
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai till it smokes, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, cauliflower, carrots and cabbage and sauté on a high flame for another minute.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mint leaves, coriander, soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the cornflour paste, mix well and simmer till the soup thickens.
- Pour equal portions of soup in 4 bowls and serve immediately with fried noodles, chilli sauce, soya sauce and chillies in vinegar.
- To make 1 cup fried noodles:heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry 1 cup of boiled noodles in batches in hot oil till they turn golden brown in colour and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and use as required.
- To make chillies in vinegar (approx. 1 cup):combine 1 cup of vinegar with 1 tbsp of finely chopped green chillies and cook on a slow flame for a minute. Keep aside to cool and use as required. Chillies in vinegar are served with chinese food to perk up the flavour by enhancing the sour and spicy tas
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.