Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16339 times
The mamra upma is a delectable upma recipe with water soaked mamra or puffed rice as ingredient. The mamra upma is cooked just like semolina upma with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, mamra upma is easy and delicious variation to a traditional rawa upma.
- Wash and soak the puffed rice in enough water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds, chana daal, urad daal, cumin seeds and peanuts.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the the ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and turmeric powder and saute for about 1/2 a minute.
- Add the soaked puffed rice, salt and coriander and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by subhasrim on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.