Mamidi Ice Cream
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2480 times
Why does the milk curdle when added to milk ice-cream?
that is because the mangoes are really sharp and acidic and also maybe you are adding cold mangoes into hot or warm milk. both the mangoes and the milk should be cold when you mix them and also the mangoes should be sweet and ripe.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. when it comes to a boil, add the dissolved cornflour, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and strain the mixture. cool completely.
- Whip the cream wiht remaining powdered sugar till soft peaks form.
- Mix the cooled milk mixture with the cream and mango puree.
- Pour into a shallow freezeproof dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again until firm.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.