Malaysian Noodles ( Noodles)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26473 times
Dominance of peanuts is what makes the Malaysian Noodles stand apart from other Oriental noodle recipes. As always, the noodles are prepared with typical ingredients like garlic, capsicum, spring onions, bean sprouts and soya sauce. However, crushed peanuts are used here as both a seasoning and a garnish, giving the noodles an enjoyably rustic mouth feel. Add the crushed peanut garnish just before serving to retain the crispness.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a deep- non-stick kadhai on a high flame, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and saute on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the lemon juice, chilli powder, sugar, soya sauce and peanuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with peanuts and spring onion greens.
Malaysian Noodles Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.