by Tarla Dalal
Added to 217 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21451 times
Traditional pedas made of khoya and sugar.
- Boil the milk in a vessel, stirring throughout until it becomes half in quantity.
- Add the sugar and boil again for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the citric acid in 3 teaspoons of water. Add this mixture very gradually to the boiling milk until it curdles slightly. This may require anything from half to the entire quantity of the citric acid mixture.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 2 teaspoons of milk and rub in until the saffron dissolves. Add to the boiling milk.
- Mix the cornflour in 2 teaspoons milk and add to the boiling milk.
- Go on cooking and stirring till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Shape the mixture into 18 small balls.
- Place in paper cups, decorate with the almonds and pistachios and serve.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||91.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.