Malai Kofta By silverpearl
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3968 times
Malai Kofta is a main course dish prepared with paneer and malai. A melt in the mouth delicacy. Enjoy with naan or roti
- Boil the potatoes till tender.
- Peel, mash and add salt to taste. keep aside.
- Mix all the other ingredients for the kofta into a paste.
- Make rounds of the potato dough and place a little of the prepared mixture in the center of each round.
- Seal the edges and shape into stuffed rounds. deep fry each kofta till golden brown. drain and keep aside.
- Blend together the onions, ginger, garlic and the poppy seeds and fry in 3 tbsp of oil till brown and the oil begins to seperate.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and the masala powders.
- Add the sugar and the ground peanuts, the gravy will begin to thicken.
- You can also add some malai to thicken it some more.
- Mix in some water if necessary.
- When the gravy comes to a boil, add the koftas.
- Heat through and serve the malai kofta.
- Note: in this malai kofta receipe , the koftas should be put in just before eating the dish or else they will turn soggy.
This recipe was contributed by silverpearl on 09 May 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.