Malai Kofta By shahsejals
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4864 times
Spicy Stir fried baby corn cooked in a chutney and spice mix makes for a smooth and delicately flavored baby corn dish. Enjoy this crispy and delectable stir fried item as starter or side dish.
- Squeeze out water from raisins.
- Mix raisins, cashews, charoli seeds, malai in a small bowl.
- Mix and mash together well, bananas, ginger, chilli, salt, flour and paneer.
- Make pingpong sized balls with mashed mixture.
- Make a thumb like depression in centre, place a little dryfruit mixture inside.
- Reshape ball to cover filling from all sides.
- Chill them in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Deepfry to crisp golden just before required.
- For curry:
- Grind together paneer and curds. keep aside.
- Dry roast plain flour till very lightly fragrant and pinkish.
- Take off fire, keep aside.
- Heat oil add dry spices, add cabbage, stir fry till limp.
- Add tomato puree, dry masalas, salt, sugar, bring to a boil.
- Add curd paneer paste, stir till boil resumes.
- Simmer, add roasted flour (dissolve in 1/4 cup water)
- Add malai, stir till whiteness dissolves.
- Simmer till gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Before serving:
- Add koftas to boiling gravy.
- Pour into serving dish, garnish with grated paneer and rose petals.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, kulchas or even bread.
This recipe was contributed by shahsejals on 24 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.