Malai Kofta By Tumpi5
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3742 times
The delectable malai kofta is a vegetable and paneer kofta curry (besan coated dumplings) simmered in a rich and spicy tomato based gravy. Enjoy cooking this vegetable specialty, vegetable malai kofta using this easy to prepare tasty malai kofta recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the mixture and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Cool and divide the mixture into small equal portions and shape them into small koftas.
- Now shape them like balls.
- Make a paste of besan, salt and water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip the balls in the batter and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the garlic, ginger, onion, coconut, cinnamom, cloves, cardamoms, red chilly and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with poppy seeds to a smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the paste and saute for 10-15 minutes, adding milk gradually.
- Just before serving, pour hot gravy on the koftas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by tumpi5 on 02 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.