Malai Kofta By Sgambhir
This recipe has been viewed 3116 times
The delectable malai kofta is a vegetable and paneer kofta curry (besan coated dumplings) simmered in a rich and spicy tomato based gravy. Enjoy cooking this vegetable specialty, vegetable malai kofta using this easy to prepare tasty malai kofta recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the raisin, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape them into small round balls.
- Stuff raisins into each round and roll again to shape them.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the onion paste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and red chili powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and mix well.
- Dissolve the milk powder in 1½ cups water and add to the gravy, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top with cream.
- Place the koftas in a serving dish and pour hot gravy on top.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.