5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 10957 times
Layered, flaky and crisp with a mava and dry fruit stuffing, Malai Khaja is an all time favourite traditional sweet.The sugar syrup gives it a mild sweet taste.
Add your private note
Malai Khaja recipe - How to make Malai Khaja
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 khajas
- Sieve flour and add 1 cup melted fat and knead into a soft dough using more melted fat if required.
- Prepare 14 very thin pancakes and keep aside.
- Mix well one cup melted ghee and cornflour and apply on each of the pancake. Place the pancakes one on top of the other.
- Roll tightly and cut the roll into 4 pieces
- Further give a half cut to each of the four rolls.
- Mix khoya, dry fruits and prepare small balls placing into each of the cuts in the four rolls.
- Seal the rolls with fingers and give a sealed shape.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and on slow flame fry the khajas.
- Remove on a butter paper.
- Heat the sugar syrup and pour over the khajas and sprinkle chopped nuts.
This recipe was contributed by sbhatter05 on 18 Jun 2015I like cooking very much
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.