Makhni Masoor Dal
by Foodie sona
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1407 times
Makhni masoor dal is totally different from traditional dal fry.
Add your private note
Makhni Masoor Dal recipe - How to make Makhni Masoor Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Put all dals into pressure cooker and pressure cook with 4 cups water for 5-6 whistles.
- Allow steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Boil onion, tomatoes , garlic and blend in a mixer to make puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in pan, add cardamom, bay leaves, tomatoes and onion puree.
- And chilli powder, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled dal , garam masala and kasoori methi.
- Adjust salt and water.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- At last, add the cream and garnish with coriander.
- Serve with chapati or paratha.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie sona on 12 Jul 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.