Makhani Roti ( Mughli Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19948 times
No Mughlai meal is complete without the use of oodles of butter and cream. The mughals known for their love of all things delicious have used butter not only to serve with rotis but also to knead into the dough while preparing them. This roti prepared with butter and simply flavoured with freshly crushed black pepper is a real treat. Add salt sparingly if you are using salted butter to prepare this roti or it may end up being too salty.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using a little butter, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||259.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.