Makhani Paneer Tikka Roll (wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29636 times
Straight from the kitchens of punjab, curd-marinated paneer topped with makhani gravy is perfectly complemented by the earthy spices and herbs, which are in turn mellowed with fresh cream! in addition to the authentic makhani sauce, this wrap also features salads and mayonnaise, which impart an interesting fusion touch to it.
- Combine the tomatoes, cloves, cashewnuts and oil with ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Strain the purée using a strainer and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the strained tomato purée, chilli powder, fresh cream, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, tomato ketchup, sugar and salt, mix well and bring to boil. Keep aside to cool.
- Add ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer cubes, onion cubes, capsicum cubes and the marinade in a bowl and toss gently. Keep aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- On a satay stick, arrange 4 pieces each of paneer, capsicum and onion cubes alternatively. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more satays.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the satays on a medium flame using oil till the paneer is light brown in colour from all sides. Keep aside.
- Combine the cabbage, carrots and chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and slide the paneer tikkas from 1 satay stick in a single row in the centre on the roti, gently using a knife.
- Arrange ¼th of the cabbage-carrot mixture over the paneer tikkas.
- Finally spread ¼th of the makhani sauce and over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.