Makhana Ke Halwa
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15488 times
An unique variation to the typical halwa recipe, makhana ke halwa is prepared from soaked makhanas, ghee and sugar. A simple and quick dessert item, makhane ke halwa is best enjoyed with chopped nuts as topping.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the atta till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the ghee, add the atta and saute for more 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and 2 cups water and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Remove form the flame and add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Spread in a greased place, garnish with nuts and keep aside to cool.
- Cut into desired pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by setaram on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.