Makai ni Khichdi ( Corn Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22682 times
Need a khichdi in a hurry? Well, this Makai ni Khichdi is perfect for such times. As it is made with crushed sweet corn kernels, cooking time is minimum, but flavour is maximum as it is enhanced thoughtfully with green chillies and a tempering of readily available ingredients. Cooking the corn kernels in milk imparts a very comforting flavour, which is characteristic of khichdi. Keep a pack of shelled sweet corn in the fridge, ready for making this handy khichdi any time you are hungry.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the crushed corn, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the corn is tender.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.