Makai ki Kadhi
by Foodie #514071
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4754 times
A creamy corn kadhi with crispy fried corn pakoras.
Add your private note
Makai ki Kadhi recipe - How to make Makai ki Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 serving
- Combine bengal gram flour, salt,baking soda in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Stir in all the other ingredients with enough water to form a sticky dough.
- Heat oil in a wok. Deep fry spoonfuls of the batter in oil until golden and crisp. Drain the excess oil. Keep aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together curds with bengal gram flour,curry leaves, salt and water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle and change its colour, stir in the garlic and sliced onions. Sauté the sliced onions and garlic on medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add red chili powder and turmeric powder with few drops of water. Cook on medium flame until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in the beaten curd mixture. Cook the mixture while stirring continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Now, stir in the sweet corn. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fried pakoras into the kadhi. Continue to simmer over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes. Garnish the kadhi with sliced green chilies and serve hot with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 10 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.