by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19427 times
Everyone is sure to relish this tempting, Indian-style corn soup. This refreshing soup is a great energiser and will surely establish your culinary skills. Serve hot with garlic bread, to make an absolutely low calorie 'hearty' meal.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the clove, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaf, onions and garlic and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots, coriander seeds, cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels, 3 cups of water and salt and simmer over a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, till the corn is cooked.
- Cool completely and make a smooth purée in a blender. Transfer back into a pan.
- Bring to a boil and serve hot with the lemon juice and coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.