Makai Patwadi ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14958 times
Try this interesting ‘re-mix’ of traditional patwadi with scrumptious sweet corn, bengal gram flour and everyday spices, made quickly and easily in the microwave.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5”) x 125 mm. (5”) aluminium tray, using ¼ tsp of oil and keep aside.
- Combine the sweet corn, besan, asafoetida, green chilli paste and salt along with 1½ cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the greased aluminium tray and tilt it clockwise to spread the batter evenly. Keep aside to set.
- Put the remaining 3 tsp of oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and chilli powder in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Pour the tempering over the patwadi and cut into 50 mm. (2”) x 50 mm. (2”) equal cubes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||89.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||60.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.