Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7089 times
A traditional indian dessert made from makai(corn kernels,mawa, crushed cardamoms and sugar,makai mohanthal makes every occasion a special one!
- Blend the corn in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aide.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the corn and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the khoya and nuts, mix well and saute till the khoya tuns golden brown.
- Prepare sugar syrup of 2 strings consistency using the sugar and add the prepared corn mixture to the syrup and mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder, nutmeg and saffron and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased plate and cool.
- Cut into desired pieces and store refrigerated or serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by snehavira on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.