Makai Khumbh Jalfrazie Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31180 times
Punjabi cuisine is tempting and scary at the same time, thanks to the use of rich (fatty) ingredients! this tongue-tickling roll lets you enjoy the goodness of a punjabi subzi without piling on extra pounds. It’s a fantastic combination of capsicum, mushrooms, sweet corn, and paneer, featuring a balance of flavours from sweet to spicy. It’s also a powerhouse of antioxidants that help prevent heart-related ailments.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the spring onions and capsicum from burning.
- Add the mushrooms, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, tomatoes, tomato ketchup, tomato purée and salt and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer, sweet corn kernels, vinegar, garam masala, sugar and coriander and toss lightly. Keep aside.
- Combine the onion rings with the chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of the garlic-tomato chutney evenly over it.
- Arrange ¼th of the jalfrazie filling in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼th of onion rings over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.