Makai Jajaria ( Pressure Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15298 times
Makai jajaria, an innovative dessert made with tender sweet corn, this can be made with 15 minutes in th pressure cooker, unlike the long- drawn kadhai cooking process!
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the sweet corn and mava and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and warm milk and ¼ cup of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid. Serve immediately garnished with saffron and almonds.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.