Makai Bharit Pattarwade
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 1957 times
These are patras with a variation in the filling of corn paste and other routine masalas.
Add your private note
Makai Bharit Pattarwade recipe - How to make Makai Bharit Pattarwade
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- In a mixer jar,grind all the ingredients to a fine paste except besan,colocasia leaves and tamarind pulp and keep aside.
- Wash the colocasia leaves with clean water and remove the extra thick nerves.
- Spread a leaf on the platform and brush with 1/2 a tsp of tamarind pulp.
- Now spread 2-3 tsp of corn mixture evenly on the leaf.
- Place an another leaf and again brush with tamarind pulp and spread the corn mixture.
- Place one more leaf and repeat the same procedure.
- Roll this tightly and seal with a toothpick.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining leaves to make more patras.
- Place these sealed patras in steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and cut to slices.
- In a kadhai,put 3 tbsp of oil and put mustard seeds,
- After they crack put hing,sesame and saute till sesame turns pink.
- Put the sliced patras and saute in a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated fresh coconut and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 30 Jun 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.