Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 25258 times
Maida halwa is an unique sweet dish prepared from roasted refined wheat flour(maida),sugar, coconut powder and dried fruit mix blended together. Find many more interesting halwa recipe, Indian dessert recipe, cake recipe at tarladalal.com
- Take a pan and pr ghee in the pan. when ghee starts boiling add maida and fry continuosly.
- Maida should smell good and should turn to light brownish colour. note that frying should be continous. mean while on the other side boil water.
- Once the maida is fried properly add water( here u should be careful, with one hand stir maida continuously and other hand pour water into the mixture .
- When the water and maida is in good shape and ghee starts showing on the top add sugar.when the sugar melts the halwa is ready.
- Now u can add elaichi powder, cashwes and raisins fried in ghee to add extra taste.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.