by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35296 times
The Maida Dosa is made with an aromatic and flavourful plain flour batter perked up with coconut, green chillies and a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves. The secret of making this dosa lies in moderating the tava’s temperature by sprinkling a little water on it before pouring the batter. Use butter to cook these dosas and remember to serve them immediately.
- Combine the coconut, green chillies, sugar and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Combine the plain flour, coconut mixture, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little butter over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||117.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.