Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11453 times
Delicious and easy to make burfi made with maida and lots of ghee. A yummy indian dessert.
- Roast maida slightly in a tsp of ghee. keep aside.
- Make a sugar syrup to one string consistency.
- Add the roasted maida at once into the syrup continously stirring without forming lumps.
- Keep stirring then and there in a medium flame till the mixture starts to thickens.
- Pour it immediately into a greased thali.
- Sprinkle cut cashew/pistha and some sugar and flatten it with a spatula.
- Allow it to settle for a minute and then cut it into squares.
- Store in a clean container.
This recipe was contributed by shuba18 on 04 Dec 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.